DR DRIP

DR DRIP
DR LOGO 2015

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Jess

On this trip to the DR, God has done and showed me a lot of things.  Even before this trip began, I had no idea how I was going to raise the money, but through prayer and support, God made it happen. 
Even on the first day, God showed me how powerful he really is.  On the first day, we went to a church called “The Rails.”  When we first arrived, a girl that was 15, named NaNa came out with excitement and gave us all hugs.  Now NaNa isn’t a typical 15-year-old girl.  She is disabled but despite all that, she kept on smiling and it was the most contagious smile ever.  After meeting her, we went inside the church and the presence of God was just so overwhelming, I couldn’t hold back my tears.  The people in the church were just so happy to be there and worship God.  It was honestly the most amazing sight I had ever seen. 
Not only did God show me how joyful all these people are, but also how thankful and willing to help they are.  I never really realized how good I have it back at home until seeing what little the people in the DR have.  God really showed me that I need to be more thankful for everything that I have. 
I am so thankful that I could come on this trip and minister to other people.  I pray that this won’t just stop here, but continue when I get back home.  I thank God for letting me experience this missions trip and opening up my eyes to what it really means to be a Christian.         
-Jess Koczot


1 comment:

  1. As a mom to read this brings joy and tears to my eyes to see how you have grown. You have gone to a country to serve yet you were the one rewarded. God has worked wonderous not only in the lives of those you have reached in His name but you have also been touched. I could not be more proud of you. You are bringing home the joy and the contageous smile of NaNa may she forever be in your heart as she is in mine from the story you have just given me. I love you and I'm counting down to the hours of when I will get to hold you and hug you. Love you <3. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by....
Leave us a comment and we'll get it and share it with the whole team while we're on our trip.
Thanks so much for all of your prayers and support!