DR DRIP

DR DRIP
DR LOGO 2015

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Taylor

Before even signing up for this trip, I had many doubts.  I doubted that I would be safe, doubted I had the ability to change lives, and doubted raising the money.  Then, I finally took a chance in my life that rewarded me with more than I could have ever imagined.  I decided to stretch my faith by giving up time that isn’t as important, to live for God.  It’s so important to live for God who, when you let Him, gives you courage and strength and clarity. 
From being in the Dominican Republic, I have gained all of these.  As soon as I got here, it was a completely different perspective of life.  Loads of trash that covered the streets, nameless animals, tiny houses with cement and tin roofs, were all glimpses of what I was seeing. 
It broke my heart to see people living this way, but then I felt hope knowing that even though they live in these conditions, they have so much faith in their lives.  God has made me to be a person that takes risks and feels confident in myself.  When I prayed with this one little girl in a village that was recently destroyed by a storm, she wrapped her fingers tightly around my legs.  I felt like I changed the life of this little girl and I thank God for showing me that I can change lives. 
            -Taylor Cummings


1 comment:

  1. SO awesome Taylor! I cant wait to hear all about the trip! God will definitely continue to use you, just be still and listen... (I think hes telling you to use your wonderful painting skills to paint the Garvey's basement!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by....
Leave us a comment and we'll get it and share it with the whole team while we're on our trip.
Thanks so much for all of your prayers and support!