DR DRIP

DR DRIP
DR LOGO 2015

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Olivia

Prior to leaving for the Dominican Republic, I considered myself to be a fully devoted follower of Christ.  I did everything in my power to prepare myself for this trip by praying, fasting, and focusing on God.  I felt spiritually ready for what God has in store for us.  However, no preparation I underwent could prepare me for the amazing change God has done in my life. 
I’ve grown stronger in my faith, learning to rely on God while giving my testimony and giving children’s lessons.  I’ve learned to look to Him for strength after a long day and know that He will take care of me. 
While in the Dominican Republic I’ve realized how blessed my life in American is.  The people here have nothing, yet they are always filled with the joy of the Lord.  The most life-changing experience for me was at our first night service at the rails.  As soon as we got out of the van, a young girl named NaNa came running up to me and wrapped her arms around me.  NaNa suffers from developmental disabilities yet she was so excited and happy I could feel the love of Jesus pouring out of her. 
When I walked into the church I immediately felt the Holy Spirit in an overwhelming, powerful way.  The people were filled with joy and love for the Lord.  It melted my heart to watch them worship and pray.  During the prayer I must have heard the word “gracias” twenty times.  It inspired me to hear and see how thankful they were.  Even though they had so little. 
I will never forget the memories I’ve made here.  I thank God for the change He’s done in my life.  And I am looking forward to sharing it with all of you.
            -Olivia Murray


1 comment:

  1. Hi Real Life! Awesome pictures of all of your hard work! What a differenc you are making in the DR! Sending lots of prayers your way from PA! I'd like to give a shout-out to my super awesome former student Olivia! You go girl!
    Strength, peace, love, and blessings to you all!
    ~Marijo Smith

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by....
Leave us a comment and we'll get it and share it with the whole team while we're on our trip.
Thanks so much for all of your prayers and support!